Research carried out in the UK by GoCompare.com on what potential buyers want shows some surprising results.
When asked what their must-have features are when considering purchasing a home, respondents now put connectivity and energy efficiency above good bathroom facilities and friendly neighbours.
A broadband signal fast enough for streaming and a reliable and a clear mobile phone signal are deemed home essentials in the UK today – and Waterford is likely to be very similar for a lot of home buyers.
See how your home matches up!
1. Central heating: 82 per cent
2. Double glazing: 80 per cent
3. Secure doors and windows: 74 per cent
4. A garden: 69 per cent
5. A good, reliable broadband connection sufficiently strong to stream films and TV: 59 per cent
6. Plenty of electrical sockets: 59 per cent
7. Local shops and amenities: 58 per cent
8. A driveway or dedicated parking space: 53 per cent
9. A reliable, clear mobile phone signal: 53 per cent
10. A good energy efficiency rating: 52 per cent
11. At least 2 toilets: 52 per cent
12. Friendly neighbours: 51 per cent
13. A bathtub: 50 per cent
14. A shower cubicle: 49 per cent
15. Cavity wall insulation: 46 per cent
16. A living room big enough for a large, flat screen TV: 42 per cent
17. A garage: 41 per cent
18. A dining room: 40 per cent
19. A landline telephone: 39 per cent
20. A new boiler or central heating system: 37 per cent
For advice on selling your home or for a free valuation, call us on 051 858182 or contact us here[post_grid id=”2188″]